- New Baltimore is listed as one of the safest cities in all of Michigan!
- When New Baltimore was being settled, the size of a parcel of land was determined by how far a man could plow or cultivate in a day.
- In 1845 the town was named the Village of Ashley, named after Mount Clemens businessman, Alfred Ashley.
Things To See
- You have to check out the tallest flagpole in the entire state of Michigan. Standing proud and tall at 160 ft. The flag proudly waving from it measures 30 feet by 60 feet.
- Swing by the New Baltimore Historical Society for captivating information on the town’s history!
Shops & Business
New Baltimore has it all, from the farmers market to wine shops, lip smacking barbecue to dainty baked goods, hearty meals to haute cuisine. Stroll down the quaint main street and you will be transported to a simpler time in small town America.
- A must see is the Bay Rama, Inc. Fish Fly Festival held every June. What’s a fish fly you may be wondering? Ask any local resident and they will proudly fill you in with all of the details!
- Do you want to have a great combination of relaxation and class? Come to Art on the Bay in August each year for an unforgettable experience.
- Looking for a really cool time? Swing by in January for the Winterfest Polar Bear Plunge!